"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Boxful of Books

Yesterday, the family cookbooks arrived from the publisher - just in time for our family reunion this coming weekend! Mom and I spent MONTHS typing and editing the recipes from my late grandmother's recipe box. The end result is lovely and well worth the effort.

The shipment came in 3 boxes, each weighing about 35 pounds. As I was carrying each individual box up the three flights of stairs to my apartment and struggling under the weight of them, I realized that this was approximately how much weight I have lost this year (33 pounds as of last week). What a shock!

Postscript: Thanks to my home teacher for carrying up the third and final box for me!

4 comments:

TattingChic said...

That is really something special! What a treasure for your whole family. How sweet of you and your Mom to put forth the time and effort to do that! Have fun at your family reunion this weekend! You are so lucky to have that in your life! :)

Kim said...

You and Connie made books out of your grandmothers recipes? I love that, lol! My gramma boiled porkchops, unfortunately, but in theory it's a wonderful way to share your family history!

Kathy said...

Hey you!! Congrats again on creating such a wonderful cookbook! And I'm sooo happy they arrived in time!! That rocks!! Hope the reunion was terrific!!

Terri said...

Thought I would stop by for a visit...man have you been busy.

How cool is this going to be...

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog.