"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Thank you, Officer Hill!

Sooo... on my way to work this morning, I was stopped by one of Colorado Springs' finest. It's awful to look up in your rearview mirror and see those flashing blue and red lights! I knew he saw me push through the yellow light at that intersection but I honestly thought it was better to hurry through rather than slam on my brakes (and risk being rearended). The totally handsome and smiling officer was nice enough to let me off with a warning - whew! I can't afford to pay the fine but I wouldn't mind running into the gorgeous Officer Hill again under better circumstances =)

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Heeheehee! I think your car needs to "break down" and somehow your ankle should get twisted...so he has to stop when he sees you and carry you to safety!! LOL!!! I'm glad he had mercy on ya..those traffic tickets can be hefty!!

Kathy said...

Oh..and I like your new "banner"! Really nice! :-)

Pretty Things said...

I've only had one ticket, and that was years ago -- but I got a warning a couple years ago that kind of funny looking back at it now.

The lights went on, and I was so flustered that I pulled over to the LEFT side of a six lane highway. He got out of the car and looked at me like I was the idiot I indeed WAS, and told me try again and go to the right.

I did, all the while with a three-year old in the back seat singing, "You're in trouble, you're in trouble".

The officer heard that and I looked at him as I handed over my info and said, "I was so busy yelling at him that I wasn't watching my speed." Guy must have had kids, because he let me go!