"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Sunday, June 7, 2009

I live for weekends

I'm probably just like everyone else - dragging my way through the week, anticipating having two whole days off to do the stuff that I want to do. They always seem to go by too fast. For me, working on art is almost always on the top of my list... I even squeeze my other errands in during the workweek just so I can stay home in my jammies and do art.

This weekend, I altered a wooden box for a swap on Paper Traders. My camera batteries are dead so I can't post a photo just yet but will get one up soon. I started it on Friday night and stayed up to the early morning hours because I was on a roll! Eventually, I forced myself to go to bed but, after not enough hours of sleep, I was up again finishing the box. I also worked on some domino charms for my RAK project... that was a funny adventure because I managed - not one, not twice, but THREE times - to superglue my fingers together (and once to the table - LOL!)

Yesterday, I did manage to leave the house for a few hours... I met my friend Stephanie and her daughter for some ice cream (I had sorbet - I'm lactose intolerant) at Cold Stone. Her birthday was last week and it was a fun treat for all of us =) I had planned to go to an ATC swap downtown but didn't really have enough time to get down there before they were supposed to close - hopefully they'll do another one soon. I haven't met many local artists but maybe I can connect with some others soon.

Earlier this week, one of my clients and I got to talking about art and he mentioned a store up in Fort Collins that he thought I would really like. I haven't made it up there yet but am hoping to stop by next month when I will be driving home from visiting my family. I checked out the store's website and it looks like it's just the sort of place I've been searching for - a store actually tailored to the mixed-media/altered art genre - too bad it's so far away! http://www.theartistsnook.net/

3 comments:

Pretty Things said...

Weekends are the best because I can sleep in after staying up extra-late reading! This weekend feels cut short, though, since I had a craft show and had to get up really early (after no sleep due to anxiety!) and then work all day.

But there's always next weekend!

TattingChic said...

I love weekends, too! I can't wait to see your altered box once your batteries are recharged or you get new ones or whatever. :)

Brenda said...

Everyone loves weekends, and I'm especially lucky because I get TWO weekends, as I work Monday Tuesday and Fridays. And I still don't have enough time to do what I want!
Sounds like you are making great progress on your art projects, so looking forward to you getting a battery for your camera so you can post them!