"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Howdy from Western Wyoming

Okay, so Cody isn't THAT much farther west than Colorado... but it sure feels like it! Lots of cowboys and pickup trucks, rodeo every night, open plains and tall mountains all around, no really big cities anywhere near here.

After driving up to South Dakota for a family reunion last week, I traveled west to Wyoming to take care of my mom for a couple weeks while she is recovering from surgery. She is doing well, healing nicely, but will still be laid up for some time due to the size of her incision. I don't think my boss was too happy about me maxing out my vacation time all at once, but family is my priority. The hard part will not being able to take any more time off for the rest of the year - LOL!

Today I am going to take my nieces to the movies... we're going to go see the new Ice Age movie - should be fun =) I've managed to get a little bit of art done while I'm here but mostly have been doing work around the house (Mom & Dad's place is a lot bigger than my little apartment!) and I've become addicted to a new online video game: Bubble Town - what a time-waster but so much fun!

Well, that's a quick update on me. I'll post photos of my recent art as soon as it's all finished.

3 comments:

TattingChic said...

That is really nice of you to help out your mom after surgery!
Have fun with your nieces and a safe trip home when the time comes! :)

Pretty Things said...

I'm glad your mom is healing well and poo on your boss.

TattingChic said...

Hi Beckie! I hope your Mom is healing and will be up and around soon!
I know I've already commented on this post, but I wanted to let you know that I'm having a giveaway! Be sure to come on over and join in!