"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Friday, May 29, 2009

Needing to Cool Off

So, with summer right around the corner, I thought I had better get the air-conditioning in my car serviced. It takes awhile to get cool and, on very hot days, the cold seems to cycle on and off. I took it to my regular mechanic thinking it just needed some freon, which would run about $100 out the door with product and labor. He sadly informed me that the compressor and condenser both needed replaced and it would cost $1100! Since my car is only about 5 years old with less than 60,000 miles on it, he called the dealer to find out if it could be covered under my warranty... chances are it probably could be but I needed to take it to the dealer for diagnostics and warranty repairs. So, this morning I got up early and dropped my car off at the dealer, paid an extra $15 for a loaner vehicle for the day, and headed to work. About midday, I got a call from the dealer - they can't find anything wrong with my A/C except that it's low on freon. They're putting a dye into the system in case there's a pinhole leak somewhere that might show up over time but, for now, just putting in about 1/2 pound of freon and recharging the system... price out the door (including a dealer "diagnostic" charge) was $226. Disgusting! I could have got the same service done for half the price if I'd done it at my regular mechanic. Soooo frustrating >:-[

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Grrrrrr. Doesn't it make you mad. Someone isn't doing the right thing here.
Hey, on a lighter note, thanks for your comment on my blog. Have a great weekend.

Kim said...

:( BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!