"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Friday, May 15, 2009

Soul Journaling Under Wraps

Today's exercise was to follow the prompt "I forgot to tell you..." and then continue the thought process from there. As you can tell from my first picture here, I had a lot to say! This photo is small and a little blurry to protect the privacy of my personal thoughts (not that there's anything here that I wouldn't tell to a friend one-on-one).
Next, I covered it all up with different kinds of tape. This was a challenge for me because I didn't have much variety in the house.
Lastly, I used acrylic paint (denim blue and then burnt umber) over the tape to give it an aged and distressed look. The red/blue striped tape was a shiny cellophane so it resisted the paint... I kind of like it though.
I'm not sure if this is finished or not. I think it makes a better background than a complete piece of art. Maybe we'll be adding more over it later... or, if not, I can always do my own thing!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow, you are going great - keep it up - make me feel really bad!

femminismo said...

What a wonderful idea to write down your very soul and then cover it up. You've still gotten it all out there and no one will ever know (unless you tell them) that underneath lies the very heart of you! Thank you so very much for this idea. I'm going to use it soon! - Jeanne in Oregon

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

That is a really nice background. Amazing what you can do with tape! Thanks for stopping by my place and saying howdy.