"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Friday, August 21, 2009

Random Observations

I know I haven't taken much time to write here lately... I have been so busy and so tired. But enough with the excuses - here are a few random observations I've had recently:

NATURE
During the last rainstorm, tiny rainbows were following every car ahead of me in traffic...
We had some black storm clouds one day that made it as dark as an hour after sunset...
Today there was a little ladybug resting on my car door...

WORK
Crushing on the handsome (single) soldiers who are transferring here...
Have had some super busy workdays the past couple weeks...
The boss is leaving for a three week cruise...

HOME
Finally put all my luggage away from my trip last month...
Bought new pants that actually fit - I'm down more than 3 sizes from a year ago...
Loving the "Genius" feature on my iPod...

ART
Found my muse - at least long enough to get a couple projects done...
Hosting a "Fun with Maps" ATC swap on Paper Traders...
Planning to attend a rubber stamp & scrapbook expo this weekend...

CHURCH
Dear friend's hubby was recently baptized - and her daughter will be doing so soon...
Attended the temple this month...
Making a personal commitment to go to more Single Adult activities this year...

SPORTS
Reserved my tickets to see the Padres take on the Rockies next month...
Excited for football season to start - Go Broncos!

3 comments:

Jeff and Lori said...

I love hearing what's been going on! And your "fun with maps" ATCs are awesome! The scrapbook expo sounds like fun, but it looks like I'm going to run errands instead. Have a great time!

TattingChic said...

That is kinda cool..."random observations"!

Amy said...

Congrats on going down 3 pant sizes! Way to go!