"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Is it only Wednesday?

I have had a rough week... or a couple of rough weeks, really. Things have been so busy at the office that I can't keep up and then, to add to the stress, I have clients who insist on making my job even more difficult. I am so ready for the weekend to get here... but it's only Wednesday (sigh)!

On a lighter note, I tried to work out my stress with some retail therapy =) This evening, I hit the clearance aisle at Jo-Ann's, swung by the BOGO sale at Payless, and treated myself to dinner at Jack-in-the-Box... I have sure missed eating there! When I lived in San Diego, there was one near my office and I went there often... then I moved to Colorado and they didn't have them here at all until just recently. Now if we could only get an In-N-Out Burger... Mmmmm....

So, obviously I am really looking forward to the weekend, just two more days... I'm planning to go to a church singles activity, excited for Broncos pre-season football, and I'm sure I'll manage to find a few hours to spend in my art studio - I'm hosting a map-themed ATC swap on Paper Traders so I need to get busy on that project, as well as do a little pre-planning for some round robin journals that are heading my way soon.

Now, art is true therapy for me - it allows the detailed, organized, perfectionist in me to loosen up and be more free and easy going... I just wish I had more time to play - weekends should be longer than just two days, don't you agree? =)

3 comments:

"Stampgram" said...

.....weekends should be longer than just two days, don't you agree? =)
YEA!, I do! :-)

Amy said...

I so miss Jack-in-the-Box! Wish they had them here. Rumor has it that there are going to be some IN-N-Out Burgers opening up here in Utah. I would take Jack over IN-N-Out any day! You can survive two more days and then enjoy your weekend! You can do it!

TattingChic said...

I agree about art being "true therapy"! I think my tatting is that way for me! Hope things go more smoothly for you! :)