"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Birthday Box

I waited a little while to write about this because I made it as a birthday gift for a friend and I wanted her to receive it before I showed it to everyone. This is just a simple little cardboard box that I decorated and filled with lots of goodies. This puzzle angel is another piece from that larger puzzle I broke up earlier this year (you can see what else I've done with that on my previous post). On this box, the ribbon looks so dark but it's really a soft green, like the paper quote... but it has a sheen to it that turned black in the camera flash.

I really haven't had much time for art lately - long, busy days at the office have sent me home feeling drained for the past several weeks. I did manage to get my studio MOSTLY cleaned up and the remnants of many previous projects sorted, if not all put away. Sometimes it's easier to find inspiration when all your goodies are spread out around you, however my art space is tiny so there isn't a lot of room for clutter - it takes over my work table until I just have a small spot to work in and it piles up on the floor around me so that it's a maze to get in and out of the room. For the most part, I manage to keep it confined to that one room... otherwise it might take over the whole house!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Wonderful box, I'm sure your friend loved it.