"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Love Blooms


I made this valentine awhile back for a dear friend of mine... I didn't want to post it until after she had received it and then I got busy and forgot. I mounted it on firm cardstock with an easel on the back so it could be displayed. For the background, I used printed scrapbook paper with a light coat of gesso over the top, then distressed it. The pre-printed chipboard pieces were lightly sanded and inked before being applied... the pink banner piece has rub-on for the floret and words.

3 comments:

Lori Anderson Designs said...

I love the colors, and the romantic sweeps and curves!

TattingChic said...

What an absolutely beautiful Valentine! What a lucky friend to receive such a pretty gift! :)

Kathy said...

Very pretty and subtle! Great job!