"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Sunday, November 16, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

I've been tagged by my sister, Letha, in Wyoming. She is a quick blooming artist who is bravely trying new things... check out her blog - it's lovely!

Here are the rules...
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules.
3. Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself.
4. Tag six other bloggers by linking to them.
5. Go to each person's blog and leave a comment that lets them know they've been tagged.

So, here are my "six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details":

1. Like my sister, I too am a night owl - I can easily stay up to the wee hours every night but it is a huge challenge to get up each morning, regardless of how early I force myself to lie down each night. I compensate by sleeping in on the weekends =) I have been known to sleep past noon on a Saturday!
2. Unlike my sister, I really LOVE chocolate. I recently joined Weight Watchers and cannot eat it much anymore so I treat myself to Tootsie Rolls instead... or Fiber One breakfast tarts (they have one that's chocolate fudge).
3. Since I'm on a roll with this sister-comparison, I'll continue it by saying that I have a love/hate relationship with cooking. I know how and can follow any recipe with good results.... but it seems like such a wasted effort as a single person. The WW plan works much better with home-cooking so I have started making a large casserole or crockpot meal once a week and then freezing it in individual portions to eat later or take for lunch at the office. Maybe someday I'll have a family to cook for and then it will be something that I enjoy doing because another thing about me is that I love to do things for people I care about =)
4. I have a dual personality. At the office, I am uber-organized, work quickly and precisely, and am always dependable and responsible. At home, I am very nearly the opposite... to an extent - I let things pile up and I can be quite lazy for a time and then I will get to a point where I look around and realize that I can't function unless everything is in order and I will go on a cleaning binge!
5. I've never been outside the U.S. And I lived only 15 miles from the Mexican border for over 7 years but never crossed over. I've also been close enough to see Canada but never made it there (yet) either.
6. Maybe this is a manifestation of number 4 above, but I struggle with my art - sometimes feeling led by my muse and other times wracking my brain to come up with something creative. I think my work reflects this - it alternates between being much too neat and orderly and other times bordering on quite good (if I do say so myself =)

Ok- here are my six friends:

Veronica - a new friend in the art world who has a lovely blog and a great appreciation for life's blessings
Steph - who is always terrific about leaving positive feedback on my blog. She does some fun art and dollmaking
Outi - a Flickr friend who makes fabulous jewelry and clever ATC's
Lucy - an Aussie who has is very creative and has a special way with texture
Kim - I love her spirit and humor and she's such a brave artist with amazing results
Hermine - from the Netherlands - prolific and talented, she's quite an inspiration

Check them out - they're all fabulous in their own way!

No comments: