"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Artist's Palette

These are the pages I did for Connie's round robin journal on Paper Traders. Her theme was "The Artist's Palette" and she asked us to use paint and try to expand our abilities by challenging ourselves. Since I am still in the early stages of exploring my drawing talents (as in, do I have any?) and I am not very inexperienced at watercolor either, these pages were definitely a challenge. I found the water especially hard to do. I'm not sure if you can really see all the details in here or if the scan washed them out but there are swirly white places to give the suggestion of foam and spray.


I should have taken the quote to heart and exercised a little more patience in writing it out... my lines tended to slant upward and the handwriting is sloppier than I would have liked.

3 comments:

thismuseofmine said...

Your paintings are wonderful, and your animals are so lifelike!!! I am sure Connie is going to LOVE it!

"Stampgram" said...

I do love them! They are beautiful and perfect for someone from Wild Wonderful Wyoming! I feel special just getting original art ... and such lovely art too boot.

thismuseofmine said...

You have been Tagged! If you go to my blog, you can check it out!
http://thismuseofmine.blogspot.com/