"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Secret Valentine Birdie

I'm just barely finishing up all the Christmas candies and treats and now the stores are full of tempting valentine sweetness! Makes it very hard to stick to my healthy eating goals...

In our Paper Traders group, we are having a secret valentine swap and this is the front of the card I made:
I made the background by tearing pieces of vintage text and music and layering them with some Perfect Paper Adhesive (love this stuff!). Then I covered it all with a layer of flower-printed tissue paper and added some rub-ons from EK Success. The little birdie was a pre-made embellishment from Prima but I made the lacy heart myself.

This background technique is my favorite - I've used it on several projects - it's super easy and always turns out so pretty!

5 comments:

Kathy Carvellas said...

This is just lovely Becca!! It just exudes calmness and peace and love!! Wonderful work!

Brenda said...

I love this.

loriidae said...

Love your Valentine's card it has a lovely misty quality Janet B. (Paper Traders)

Lorri said...

Wow This is beautiful. I love those colours and the cute bird with the heart it's all fab!
Thanks for linking to my blog post and good luck in my giveaway :)

xo

LiveArt said...

This is sooo sweet and lovely!!

Linda