"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Apologies

For all my dear friends and those of you who have been kind and generous with your time... I realize that I have lately been slow to acknowledge and respond to your posts. After reading Rice's post on etiquette today, this really was brought to my attention:

"...Respond to correspondence in a timely manner. RSVP, for [goodness] sake. They sent you an invitation; the least you can do is let them know whether or not you plan to attend. Answer your emails, return the phone calls, respond to the texts. If you don’t have time to do these things, you must let people know ahead of time, as in, “Here’s my email address, Sally, and you may use it at your will, but you’re not important enough to me to make it likely that I’ll respond any time in the foreseeable future. Just so you know.” Like that. This is one of the toughest for me, as I always leave The Fun Email, the personal correspondence, for last. Like cake. I do all the work stuff first. So sometimes the wonderful personal emails languish in the inbox for days and days while I take care of work. And that’s a shame. And I’m going to try to do better. Really I am. Am I too stuck in my ways to learn to, at least sometimes, go ahead and eat dessert first? Or, sheesh: to even begin to eat dessert at all?"

This blog - and all of the people I have connected with through it - are my candy, the sweet treat that I save to give it the time to formulate a well thought out reply. And I look at my inbox and realize that I am very far behind! I am sorry. Life has been very busy for me lately but I will try to do better. Please know that I truly do appreciate every single comment I receive and I hope you will continue to come and visit me here =)

2 comments:

Kathy Carvellas said...

Becca: Don't beat yourself up too much! I think most of us struggle with balancing all the "have to's" with "want to's". I agree with what Rice says...but I also believe in extending people grace. Only we know what we can do. If we know we aren't doing our best, then yup, we need work on our "response times". I choose to trust that those with whom I have internet "relationships" with are doing their best to keep in touch! :-) Just my two cents! :-) Hugs to you!

小花花 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.