"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Friday, December 18, 2009

A Second (Medical?) Opinion

This morning I had my annual exam and since my GYN has started her own practice, I had to fill out a whole new patient profile including some pretty personal questions about my history.

I thought it was funny how my doctor seemed to think it was strange that I am not currently "active" in an intimate way (apparently no one is expected to uphold any kind of standards these days) and she even went so far as to suggest I try some internet dating in order to find someone with whom I can have a relationship. I told her I'd been down that road and was scared off by all the weirdos!

Any way, I read on Rice Freeman-Zachery's website today about some other internet dating fiascos that seemed to echo my own experiences... I laughed my butt off because it's just so sad and so true! You can read about them here: http://voodoonotes.blogspot.com/2009/12/internet-dating.html

4 comments:

jonio said...

Don't feel alone in that boat Becca, although I've been in a relationship for going on 8 yrs. now, and although he and I have grown children, we still are sensitive to the standards we set in front of them. We travel a lot together, but we have our own space and bed when we do. I'm like you, I don't understand why people can't take a "classier" stand now-a-days. Thanks so much for your comment on my last blog posting too. I'm with you, my God is an awesome God and a loving Father, just like my own Dad. He's not always been able to keep me out of trouble during my life but He's always there to pick me up.

❦TattingChic said...

OMGosh! We could swap notes! I'll bet we'd have a good laugh (and/or cry!!!). You're right, there are a lot of wierdos on there and many of them are still married and stuff! It's just creepy! I think I remember hearing in General Conference a year or so ago one of the General Authorities advising that internet dating was not advisable for finding an eternal partner. After some of the scary experiences I've had I would have to agree. But then, I've dated some creeps that I met at a "certain Single's Ward that shall remain nameless", too! So, it just seems like the pickins are slimmer and slimmer with age! Ha!

Gaby Bee said...

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year!

Big hugs to you,
Gaby

Laura Haviland said...

Becca, did I ever tell you how pretty your name is, I love it.
If I was naming my daughter now, would of liked your name.
I also love your blog, fabulous everything !!!! Watch out for all those datiing "toads" to the road to your prince. He is out there, just have to find him.
Thank you for visiting my blog and your such kind words. Love hearing from you.
Hugs. Laura.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Becca.