"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Monday, December 14, 2009

Second Base (A "girls only" kind of post)

Today was a milestone for me: my first mammogram. I have been putting this off for two years (much to the frustration of my GYN) because - let's face it - I was scared! I had heard so many horror stories of pain and "pancakes" - you ladies know what I'm talking about - and, as a full-figured kinda gal, I was really dreading the experience. Thanks to new digital equipment and the gentle Lucinda at the radiology lab, I would like to say that it was No. Big. Deal. And such a relief to finally have it done. Ladies, take care of your boobies - get your mammograms!!

5 comments:

"Stampgram" said...

I know, my latest one was the new digital one too...so much nicer. You lucky girl, you never had to experience the old one where they smash your double D's to 1/2 inch thick and then say "Don't move" while they go to another room and take at least 5 minutes to take their picts...then come back and readjust and do it all over again.

Lucy said...

Well Done Becca, I'm proud of you.
I would rather a small amount of pain or discomfort, than not having a mammnogram and not knowing if there was a problem.
Love Lucy

❦TattingChic said...

OMGoodness! I have to say I am terrified of experiencing this; the inevitable! Thanks for the positive story!

Don said...

Sorry, I'm not a chick but I am a curious baseball fan...and..uh..um this post had nothing to do with baseball.
So that's what getting to secondbase means. Never knew that, but then I think I lead the league in strike-outs where dating was concerned.

Becca Holso said...

Don, that is too funny =) I'm a baseball fan, too, but that was intended as a loose reference to getting felt up! Ha ha!!

Tatting Chic, ignore all the horror stories - that was the OLD way... the new digital system is a cinch!