"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ode to Facebook

I would just like to say that I love Facebook... a couple years ago, I moved away from San Diego and left so many dear friends behind. Facebook lets me know what they're up to and I can share photos, drop quick little notes, play games, etc. with all the people who matter to me. Sometimes I only have time to give one of their comments a "thumbs up" but at least they know I'm checking in with them. I love how simple it is and it makes me feel like we're still connected even though we're far apart.

After moving to Colorado, I made a few dear friends here who ended up moving away thanks to the military. Again, Facebook is there to the rescue! Many of my long-distance relatives have joined Facebook and I'm closer to them now than I have managed to be in years, all thanks to this great website.

And, if I'm bored or need a stress-reliever, there's always a fun game to play or quiz to take... my favorite time-waster is Hatchlings. Come play with me, if you'd like!
http://apps.facebook.com/egghunt/r.php?r=625761555

1 comment:

Pretty Things said...

I love Facebook, too! Now Twitter, I just can't quit get the hang of!