"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Making It Up


I am one of the moderators for an online art community and sometimes we find ourselves put in a difficult position. Recently, a new member joined a collaborative project and received art from a couple of other participants but failed to contribute the work in kind that she was committed to do. We tried repeatedly to contact her with no response and were finally forced to make the difficult decision to boot her from the project and the group.

Having had one of my own art journals stolen last year, I felt empathy for the two artists who had made special journal pages for this woman and got nothing in return; I decided to make pages for their journals myself - even though I'm not signed up to participate in this particular project.

Above are the pages I made for a school-themed journal and below are the "Italian Affair" pages I did for the other one.

9 comments:

Lucy said...

What a lovely thing to do Beckie.
I'm sure the recipients will be thrilled.
Hugs Lucy

Terri said...

I hate not knowing what happened to the other woman that did not follow through with their word. Is she sick and in the hospital did she die. That could happen. Un forseen things happen everyday.
Is there evidence she still moves and breaths. It boggles the mind that there are people that are really like that out there. Makes you not want to do any thing.

Terri said...

Oh and what you did is loving and kind and your pages are wonderful!!!

Beckie Holso said...

Actually, after we let her join, we heard from several other group members that she had a bad reputation for doing this in other groups. We did hear back from her eventually but felt that her circumstances did not excuse her failure to communicate.

"Stampgram" said...

Your pages are lovely. And your heart is too.

Knowing all the circumstances surrounding this, I want to assure others that this person was treated fairly and give plenty of opportunity to come through, to no avail.

Great job, Beks!

bockel24 said...

Beckie, thank you so much for your extra work - your school pages are beautiful, and I can´t wait to add them to my book!

LaY hOoN said...

You're so kind.
Love those pages , especially the one with vintage map !!
I just love map !!!

Lorri said...

Oh Beckie you are such a kind hearted soul. The pages you have created are beautiful, and are even more special because of the love that surrounds the making of them.
Thank you again for your kind words on my blog - it means so much to me.
(((big hugs)))

xo

Veronica said...

This is beautiful. I love the new look