"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!

This is the pretty e-card I got from my Mom for my birthday today. When I got up this morning, I was feeling a little bummed that I am so far away from all my friends and not having anyone to celebrate with... but then I found gifts and cards in my mailbox, received several phone calls today, and my email and facebook were filled with well wishes - I love all my friends and think they're so awesome for remembering me across the miles.

Today, on my way home from work, I took a drive through the Garden... it was so nice and relaxing. I noticed that some of the trees are losing their summer greens already - I'm excited for Fall to get here!

Today it is very hazy here and they said on the news that it's due to smoke from the California wildfires - my eyes are dry and burning and my throat is scratchy. Having experienced the Alpine and Cedar fires of San Diego and working in the insurance industry as well, I have a lot of sympathy for those who are facing this fearsome enemy... my thoughts and prayers go out to them - I hope things improve soon!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Happy, happy belated B-day Beckie!! I hope you had a great day! I'm sooo glad you were born and that I've been blessed to connect with you and know you! You SO rock!! :-)