"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Zentangle ATC Swap


Letha is hosting a Zentangle ATC swap on Paper Traders. It's mixed-media so pretty much anything goes. I started with a rubber stamped face image and then just started playing from there. Admittedly, these could be a lot better but they're not too bad for a beginner =)

Update: Thanks, everyone, for the feedback... Yes, I just stamped the face images with permanent ink right in the middle of my plain white ATC's. Then I got out my Micron pens in different widths and started doodling. I didn't really have much of a plan and some of the larger black areas are where I goofed up and just decided to fill in over the top - LOL!

10 comments:

Pretty Things said...

OMG I LOVE those! I wish I had that kind of creativity!

TattingChic said...

Those are beautiful! Did you doodle around the stamped face images? Such talent! :)

"Stampgram" said...

These are gorgeous! They make my piddly efforts really look lame...I must try harder! I LOVE THEM!....especially the babies...I want one of those.

Terri said...

I love these...I love that you stamped the face and then did everything else my hand!!!!!
I have professional refillable pens that are great for this tpye of work. But if you don't plan on useing them for awhile better to clean them before you put them away. They come in the varing point sizes. (Maybe you have already used them.)
What are the stamps so I may give it a try. I think I have the one on the bottom.

Barb said...

Beckie...these are fantastic!...I wonder if you have a spare...or two...to send THIS way....vbg

Joanie Hoffman said...

These zentangkes are so good!
What a great idea to start with a stamp, since for me, starting is the hardest part. And I love the flowers in the eyebrows.
Thanks for the kind words for my little art room disaster.
Happy days,
Joanie

Kathy said...

Holy moly Beckie!! These are WONDERFUL!!! I would have never known you were new to this style!! You are a natural! Way to go!!

BlackPumpkin said...

They are so gorgeous!!

cookievf said...

STUNNING ~ and thank you for sharing this fab idea! I am really enjoying "doodling" and making some very early attempts at tangles. Yum!!
- vicki xo

Jo Bloggs! said...

Theses are just gorgeous, how do i join in the fun?