"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Love Birds

This is a spread I made for a private journal swap I'm in. The metallic pieces didn't scan well and they look black but, in reality, the large bird is a pink mirror from Heidi Swapp and the "Love Birds" words and small hearts at the bottom are reflective silver. I used a cute K&Company paper for my background, adding the effect of a Tim Holtz mask with Tea Dye Distress Ink, then pouncing metallic pearl white paint through some heart-shaped sequin scrap on the corners. In addition to the silver hearts at the bottom, if you look closely, you'll see there are also some pink iridescent hearts there as well.

I have five more pages to make for this project and I think they're all going to be unique (although I do have the option of making them the same or similar). Our inspiration for this project comes from the Somerset in Love magazine that was released earlier this year.

4 comments:

TattingChic said...

Darling layout! Your swap partner will love it! :)

Pretty Things said...

That's gorgeous! I love the pink, and I always love music.

Kathy said...

Just lovely Beckie! Great job!

Brenda said...

Great to see you are part of the Pay it Forward movement. If I wasn't already involved I would sign up for yours! Love this piece, the colours, the sentiment. You should give felting a go - it is quite therapeutic - but I think all creative things are really.