"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Sunday, April 12, 2009

I'm Dreaming of a White Easter

This past winter has been so dry and hot without much of the snow and moisture we really need. I love winter and snow so it's been personally disappointing for me. The recent blizzard we had was awesome and much needed. This morning, when I woke up, I could hear the rain running down the roof and gutters and was so happy that we were getting more moisture. The forecast was for scattered rain and snow showers but no accumulation was expected... Don't you just hate it when the weatherman is wrong? In this case, not me! About 7am, the rain turned to snow - huge, wet flakes fell consistently all morning. On the way to church, the roads were already slushy with about 4 inches of melting snow. By the time I got out of church, three hours later, there was at least 6 inches on the ground and the storm was letting up. The sun didn't make it out today but it was still warm enough that most of the snow has melted off the roads and roofs... just in time to drive to work tomorrow. I'm just so grateful for the snowy surprise and the much need moisture =)

No comments: