"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Friday, January 2, 2009

Magical Garden

I made this spread for Linda's tip-in journal on Paper Traders. Her theme was a "Magical Garden" with flowers, fairies, and lots of sparkle!

I started with lavender cardstock and used Michelle Ward's gesso resist technique. I painted over with three shades of green and then sanded back down to expose the textured image underneath. I used my Marvy markers to color in a couple of birds and some vines from the background image. Then I added some stamped images using purplish inks.

The big birds' nest and pink flower are torn from tissue paper and the hydrangea is part of a napkin - both were applied to the page with Perfect Paper Adhesive (love this stuff!) The fay folk are cut out from cards that were given to me for my birthday - they're from the now defunct Green Tiger Press.

I used "punchinella" sequin scrap to sponge on the shaded dots. I added some "fairy dust" to both girls' hair and some teeny tiny holographic stars were glued down here and there to add some sparkle. The dragonfly rub-on is glittery, too! I also added a few touches with my gold foil pen.

Lastly, I found this poem stanza in a vintage student reader I have just for this kind of project. I sprayed everything down with a matte fixative to seal the glitter and paints.

I love how this turned out... I hope Linda does too!

No comments: