"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Monday, May 19, 2008

A Trip to Ya-Hell and Back

I had a horrifying experience this weekend - Yahoo discontinued my email account!

It all started on Saturday morning when I suddenly couldn't access my account - it kept telling me that my user ID and password were invalid and, when I tried to reset my password, it said that function could not be performed online. I tried sending emails to my yahoo account using another email service and got a permanent delivery failure notice telling me the account had been discontinued or disabled. Then, when I tried to contact Yahoo Customer Care, it kept telling me I had to log in first - if I could do that, I wouldn't need their help! Finally, I found a place where I could fill in a form for them to contact me at an alternate address and then I sat back and waited... and waited... and waited. When I did get a response, it was an automated message telling me they would contact me within 24 hours... then, the day nearly over, I got ANOTHER message telling me they would contact me in 48 hours! Aaaaaarrgghhhhh!!!

By this point, I was literally in tears. My computer is old and I have been saving lots of stuff online - including all of my photos and scans of my artwork on my Flickr account (a Yahoo site). I was just sick to my stomach at the thought that all of it was lost.

It wasn't until Sunday evening, after I got home from church, that I finally had a letter of apology from Yahoo and was FINALLY able to get back into my account and, thankfully, all my stuff was still there - whew! Now I truly understand why they call it "Ya-HELL!"

No comments: