"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy Memorial Day

This morning I was treated to an air show by the US Air Force Thunderbirds. My apartment complex is located adjacent to the Air Force Academy and today they must have had an air show in honor of Memorial Day because the Thunderbird jets have been flying overhead, engines screaming loudly - it's so exciting! I stood out on my deck and watched them circle past over and over again, sometimes flying so closely overhead that I could see the jets' insignia in clear detail.

On this special occasion, I would like to just give a big THANK YOU to all of our servicemembers past and present, those lost and those who still valiantly fight on for freedom and justice in our own country and around the world. And also a special message to my dear friends who are serving today: KC Knoop, US Coast Guard; Christopher Collis, US Army, Fred Grant, US Army; Dave Williams, US Coast Guard - I love you guys, I love your wives and your children, and I appreciate the sacrifices that ALL of you make for each of us. God bless!

Monday's Update: The Thunderbirds were flying again today and I managed to get a few pictures this time...