"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Just chill!

Everyone who knows me knows that I hate the heat. I'd rather be cold over hot any day of the week. But today was one of those days to challenge my statement. I suppose, once the sun came out, that it wasn't all that bad of a day, but this morning was the coldest thing I've felt in over 20 years!

When I walked out my front door, my nostrils immediately froze. My car took four lugs of the engine before it would turn over in the cold. After scraping the frost off my car, I sat inside waiting for it to warm up and the fog of my breath was freezing to the inside of the glass. It took almost 20 minutes to get it warm enough in there that I could see through the windshield well enough to drive. On my way to work, I stopped for my morning ritual Diet Coke... when the guy handed me my cup, the lid wasn't quite all the way on and some soda dripped onto my car door and immediately froze - on the inside! Twenty-five minutes later, when I arrived at work, it was still frozen. Now that's cold!

No comments: