"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Ever just have one of THOSE days?

I left the house early this morning because I knew the roads would be icy and traffic slow - actually, it wasn't too bad. What I didn't plan for was the 1/4" thick layer of ice on my windows that was nearly impossible to scrape off... I was actually late for work today, which I never am.

When I got in, my coworker gave me a funny look but that was about it. I went to my desk, settled in, and pulled out a mirror to touch up my lipstick - surprise! I had completely forgotten to put on makeup today. How in the world does something like that happen? As it turns out, I didn't have anything on hand except some pressed powder and my lipstick so I tried to even things out and rubbed a dab of pink on my eyelids and cheeks - passable until I could make a Walmart run on my lunch break. What a dufus I am!

Well, now I have all the (newly purchased) essentials tucked safely in my desk drawer just in case =)

No comments: