"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Sweet Fruit of Patience


Every year our Paper Traders group puts together an art calendar produced by CafePress. Here is my submission for the upcoming 2010 Calendar (I think this will be for the month of September). I'll add a link here once they're available for purchase - the calendars are sold at the cost of production, there is no profit on these.

I did the paper mosaic of the pear last year but then lost my muse and didn't really know how to finish it. One of our calendar participants had to drop out at the last minute due to health issues so I pulled out this unfinished piece, added the side panels, the leaf, and the words... and I'm much happier with the results =)

4 comments:

Lucy said...

Hi Becca,
Your pear page is so lovely, I really like the muted colors. Reminds me of Autumn(Fall).

Hugs Lucy

Cathee said...

gorgeous!

❦TattingChic said...

It's beautiful!

Pretty Things said...

Oh wow, so amazing. I kid you not, every room in the house, including the bathrooms, are going to have to have a calendar at this rate. So far, I have three and it keeps going up.