"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, October 10, 2009

My Haunted Kitchen


I recently posted about the crazy exploding bowl incident in my kitchen and today another weird thing happened: I was boiling water in the microwave and was watching it through the window in the door so that I would be able to turn the microwave off as soon as the water started bubbling. The surface of the water was perfectly smooth when all of a sudden, WHOOOOSH! The water burst up out of the cup, hitting the ceiling of the microwave and splashing down onto the turntable. Weird. Looks like I might need a new microwave... or an exorcist.

1 comment:

"Stampgram" said...

This is not as uncommon as it seems...I have heard of other people tell about taking the cup out of the microwave and having it explode when they set it on the counter. Some people have been burned when they inserted a spoon into the water. You were lucky it did it spontaneously, as you were not burned. You can read about it here: http://www.snopes.com/science/microwave.asp
or here: http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/~jw/superheating.html#why3