"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Adventures in my Kitchen

Tonight, while unloading the dishwasher, I went to stack some glass serving bowls and this one practically EXPLODED as soon as I sent another bowl inside of it - I barely tapped it and it shattered, sending microscopic shards of glass flying all throughout the open cupboard and across my kitchen floor where I was standing barefoot. Uuughhh... Luckily, no cuts and I was able to carefully pick up the bigger pieces and cautiously make my way to retrieve the vacuum. I guess this is what happens to glass dishes as they age - this bowl was over 20 years old.

After cleaning the glass from my kitchen, I decided to throw together a quick stir-fry for dinner... the bottled teriyaki sauce in my fridge was a bit "aged" and I didn't want to push my luck (seeing as how I was not on a good track so far tonight...) so I splashed some soy sauce in the pan and added a few leftover packets of Chick-Fil-A polynesian sauce - yum! Worked great in a pinch =)

4 comments:

"Stampgram" said...

I am so glad you were not injured. Yes glass does get fragile as it ages...also, if it was hot from the dishwasher and you placed it with a cold one (or vice-versa) that can happen too.

Jeff and Lori said...

crazy!! That bowl had it in for you. Glad you avoided any slivers!

Pretty Things said...

OH NO! Maybe time to try your hand at mosaics? Then you could preserve the memories of it and make a little art with it?

bockel24 said...

what an amazing photo!