"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Beauty's Eye


I have been wanting to practice more techniques out of Bernie Berlin's ATC Workshop book. The background here was made using her Leafing Pen Resist technique. I had a little trouble with my first attempt - the acrylic paint on the stamp just pulled the leafing right off the page... so I tried a new piece with graphite black archival Brilliance ink instead and it did the same thing! But the rest of the stamped image came out nice so I used it anyway =) There is a lot of gold on this card - in the background, on the bottom edge, the circle around her eye, around the words, and the german scrap - but I like the feel of lots of gold on this card... even the lady is wearing gold bangles on her wrist! On the german scrap, I rubbed black acrylic paint over it to give a distressed look... I also used some Tim Holtz Distress ink around the card and the edges after sanding everything down a bit. The only thing I'm not happy with are the word blocks... but once they were glued down, they weren't budging - LOL!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I think it all came together beautifully! It's deep and rich!