"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Zetti Newbie








Connie is hosting a zetti ATC swap on Paper Traders. This is my very first attempt at this quirky genre. My mom, her friend, my sister, and I all went in together to buy a couple of grab bags of rubber stamps from zettiology rubber stamps, which I used on these cards.

I really LOVED my backgrounds even though they got pretty covered up by the images and pen art. I took colored card stock and attached some vintage german text and then applied a light coast of gesso, then smeared some watercolors over the top; finally, I distressed everything. I also used some very lightly inked rubber stamp images to add a little depth to the backgrounds. You can't really tell from the scans but the pen lines are opaque, glossy, and raised - I used Souffle pens for them. The images are simply rubber stamped in black ink on white cardstock but I like the contrast between the stark imagery and the other colorful elements.

The most fun thing about zetti is that it seems anything goes... it's just fun and funky!

1 comment:

Fantastic Figments said...

COOL cards beck SUPER FUNKY.. I love their personality. Thanks for stopping by and your nice words. I hope all is going well with you! Getting ready for Halloween?

There are several series of Lucy and Madel and they will be going up for grabs soon:)

Smooches,
Steoh