"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fall Color


This morning, I got up early and headed into the mountains to see the fall color. I love this time of year and many of the leaves will be off the trees in another week so this was my best chance to see them. I drove from Colorado Springs up the back way to Victor and then around to Cripple Creek and back down... for those not familiar with this area, it is near Pikes Peak on the southeastern range of the Rocky Mountains. It was really so beautiful and some of the most breathtaking sites were not in a place where I could pull off the road to take a picture. Regardless, photos don't do justice to the real thing. I have an album on my Flickr with the photos I took today... you can see them all (both the good and the bad shots!) here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/elysian68/sets/72157600648611493/

1 comment:

thismuseofmine said...

Oh my goodness this photo looks like a painting! I seriously did not think it was real, because of the vibrance and drastc change in the colors- what a gorgeous sight!