"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Butterfly - image transfer technique

In our Paper Traders group, we're doing one-for-one canvas swaps based on a specific technique.  This month, the technique was to use an image transfer (of any kind).  I made this canvas using the gel medium technique to apply my butterfly over a torn paper background and embellished it with my white Sharpie paint pen.  Then I layered a gold-printed napkin with orange flowers over the top and embellished with doilies and german scrap.  Lastly, I rubbed metallic colored waxes over areas of the canvas and applied some colored mica in select areas to add more texture.  I think it turned out nice and I hope my swap recipient likes it!