"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Altar Shrine

I'm hosting another swap over at our Paper Traders group.  Every year about this time, we celebrate the anniversary of our group with a special project.  This year we will be making altar shrines.  I created mine using a small 1x2x3-inch wood block for the altar and attaching a taller 3x7-inch chipboard piece to the back to make the shrine and glued beads to the bottom for feet.  I covered everything in pretty scrapbook paper and added a beautiful public domain image of Cordelia by Arthur Rackham from "The Tales of Shakespeare" by Charles & Mary Lamb.  I got this image from my Green Tiger Press stash  =)  I dressed up the shrine with german scrap, graced our lovely lady with a regal crown, added some words on friendship, attached some floral sprigs, and placed six offerings on my altar (in  honor of the sixth anniversary).

3 comments:

Beadwright said...

I really like this.
Nicole/Beadwright

Aimeslee said...

Love this - gorgeous. Hope mine will be half as good. xoxo

Shar said...

So cool!