"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A couple more ATCs


Every month, our Paper Traders group hosts a "Winner Take All" ATC lottery.  It's a lot of fun - everyone puts in one ATC and at the end of the month, we draw a winner who gets all of the entries... and then it starts over again for the next month.  Entering just one ATC is not a big risk but when you win it's like a party in your mailbox! 

These are the two ATCs I made for March and February.  The latter is pretty simple but the first one took a couple of days to layer up the background.  This was a variation of Jill Geraghty-Groves' "decaying background" technique as shown in the Mar/Apr 2011 issue of Somerset Studio.  I didn't have the distress crackle paints she recommended so I used an all over clear crackle instead but I still think it turned out pretty nice.

4 comments:

Carolyn Phillips said...

That background is fabulous.

Cathy L. Calamas said...

OKay, I have to go get that issue. I have to know how to do that. FABULOUS, I agree!!!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

how exciting it must be if you get to win in the lottery!

Jeff and Lori said...

WOW. I love that first ATC card. The background is amazing! Nice job!