"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hands


This is the cover I made for my round robin journal on Paper Traders. My theme is "Hands" - young hands, old hands, working hands, gentle hands, etc.

The book is 6" x 6" and I made the cover by crinkling tissue paper and gluing it down, then layering some french text under a vintage photo (courtesy of jerseybarb85 on Flickr) and inking the edges on both with Tim Holtz' Distress Ink in Antique Linen. The gold vellum sticker border is from PrintWorks Fall Heritage page. The chipboard letters are from Miss Elizabeth (dollar store find!) which I sanded down and then rubbed on some gold pigment ink. I finished off by rubbing some ink around the edges of the cover to give it an more aged look.

No comments: