"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Sunset: Precursor to Darkness


This is the spread I created for Stefanie's "Darkness" journal in the Paper Traders Round Robin. The buffalo is another one of my hand-drawn animals cut from textured paper and colored with markers and chalk. I guess I'm getting over my fear of drawing just a teensy bit. I made the fireflies by drawing their abdomens with my gold leafing pen so that they shine when the light hits them. The sunset was taken from a preprinted piece of scrapbook paper but I hit it with a Moon Glow Starburst Stain (Alpine Ice Rose) which has a gold shimmer in a pink watercolor base.

I recreated the scene from a photo of Pikes Peak as seen looking through Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs where I live. Just trying to draw a little inspiration from my everyday world =)

1 comment:

Connie - aka - stampgram said...

I like it! Looks very wintery too...cool. Uh, rather...Cold! Heehee.