"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Springtime Glory


I made another piece for the Hello Spring! blog challenge over at Paper Traders.  This little ATC is going to be my entry in the March winner-take-all ATC lottery.  The beautiful background was created by Suzi Blu - it was a scrap of paper I picked up at her garage sale last year... isn't it pretty?  I layered a floral image over the top and painted each petal with Gleams to give it some shimmer, then I touched the centers with some coppery glitter glue.  I also used my Pan Pastels to add shadows behind the flowers for some extra dimension.  Lastly, I sketched some lines around the edge of the card with my superfine Pitt pen.

Help me embrace the springtime spirit by joining in the fun of this month's blog challenge.  Head on over to Paper Traders for some inspiration!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

This is a beautiful ATC. Love the color and details. And I really love your ATC from last month. I recevied it and the extra treats. I have to say it is even more beautiful in person.
Thanks, Amanda

Cathy L. Calamas said...

Beautiful. Love dogwoods , such a great image of spring and Easter.

Shar said...

Totally stunning, Beckie!!

Aimeslee said...

Pretty! Wow, that must mean you got to meet her, cool. xoxo