"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Round Four: Angels (aka Pretty in Pink)


This month, I was honored to work in Kim Smith's book in our round robin journal project for Paper Traders.  Her theme was Angels and she specifically asked that we use renaissance-style angels in our work.  These pages turned out much pinker than I had envisioned but, I must say, they do look better in person than in the scan.

I used scrapbook paper with an old handwritten music ledger on it and then dabbed pink ink over the top using heart-shaped punchinella (sequin scrap).  The doilies and trims were originally gold but I rubbed pink acrylic paint on them using my finger.  The images were cut out of some lovely Christmas-themed scrapbook paper by Graphic45.  I trimmed the words with my gold leafing pen and added glitter to the angel wings using Distress Stickles.  As a final touch, I added the metal word plaque "Adore" and the key & keyhole charms at the top (another special request from Kim).  The poem on this says:

Away, away! To my love away.
Tel her I send her my love and devotion,
Wide as the world is,
and deep as the Ocean.

No comments: