"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Naked Postcards

I'll bet that caught your attention, huh?  Actually, it just refers to mailing art without an envelope - such as in the case of these postcards I made:



The theme for this Paper Traders swap was one "zetti" postcard and one "steampunk" postcard.  I'm not sure I quite captured the themes in their true intent but I'm not unhappy with the results.  A big thanks to Lorna for hosting this one - it was fun!

7 comments:

The Lone Dollier said...

What do you use to make the postcards? I guess I mean the type of paper and is everything glued on one sheet of paper then scanned and printed on what will be the postcard? Or, is it left as separate pieces of paper and then sealed with ModgePodge or another type of sealer? Sorry for the questions but I am wanting to make some of my own.

Smiles~
Marilyn

you can email me if you wish at mcgoo4(at)gmail.com to exlain. Just replace the (at) with @

Lucy said...

Great postcards Becca, especially the Zetti!
Hugs lucy

Lori said...

I think these are AWESOME, and fit your challenge themes perfectly! Love them!

Pretty Things said...

I love the idea!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I visited you during OWOH and bookmarked your blog. I am finally returning, because I was so impressed with your art and still am. I really love those button charms and the way you handled the ooze problem. That first postcard above really impressed me, too, because I have yet to create a steampunk inspired creation.

I choose a blog each day to spotlight, and I am featuring yours today (June 25). I really appreciate your art and am inspired by it. I hope your move is successful and you will return to blogging in the near future.

Gaby Bee said...

These postcards are beautifully done! Love them both, but especially the second one!
Gaby xo

Gaby Bee said...

Hi Beckie, wanted to send along some wishes for a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Hugs, Gaby