"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit,
the greater your capacity to create."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Monday, February 15, 2010

Renaissance Women

On Paper Traders, Connie is hosting a Gothic Arch swap - the pages will be added to the deco books we made last year.  The theme this time is "Renaissance Women" and I wanted to use works that were a little lesser known.  I chose women who where all painted by Il Bronzino - in most cases, these women were background characters in his works.  For example, these women...


...can be found in this fresco:

 
And these two women...



...are found in this painting:


The backgrounds on these arches have more texture than really shows in the scans.  I glued down torn vintage (gothic) texts and then covered with napkins or tissue paper.  I used my gold leafing pen to finish the edges of each page.  On each of them, I added accents with metallic & pearlescent paints and more touches with my gold pen!

Here are the rest of the pages I made...

6 comments:

angelandspot said...

Those are beautiful!

Terri said...

You clever girl....pulling the women from Renaissance paintings! Brilliantly done!

Loralynn said...

Simply lovely!

Cathee said...

Lovely arches !! Can not wait to see them in person!

Lay Hoon aka mescrap said...

Those are beautiful !! Love them all !!!

PlumCat Art said...

These are stunning! ...as is your blog design. Mary Ann